In these rules:
“occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement
“you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or the other occupier of a park home
“we” and “our” refers to the park owner.
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Home Act 1983, as amended.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
They are to apply from the date on which they take effect, which is 27th December 2014.
No occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
These rules also apply (for so long as they live on the park) to the park owner and any employees, with the exception of the following rules: park rule 1.
OCCUPANTS OF THE PARK
- No person under the age of 50 years may reside in a park home.
- The Occupier is responsible for ensuring their visitors and permanent household guests comply with the park rules.
- Visitors may stay for a maximum of 14 days (within a 3 month period).
- Children visiting the park must not be allowed to play between neighbour’s park homes or gardens and must not cause any nuisance on the park.
- You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
5.1. Not more than 1 dog (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all), which you may keep as long as you wish but you are not permitted to replace; OR
5.2. Not more than 1 domestic cat, which you may keep as long as you wish but you are not permitted to replace.
- All pets must be kept under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park or to despoil the park.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash not exceeding 1m in length at all times whilst on the park.
- Visitor’s pets are not allowed on the park.
- Nothing in rule 5 of these park rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
The express terms of a homeowner’s agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers at the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals.
THE PARK HOME
- Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park homes in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour scheme.
- All park homes must be fitted with a smoke alarm in good working order.
- For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
- All steps leading to the park home must be kept in a good state of repair.
- Wheels must not be removed, nor the park home repositioned.
- You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
- Washing lines are to be reasonably screened from public view.
- You must not have more than one metal storage shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). The size of the shed shall not exceed 8ft x 6ft.
- You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the shed mentioned in rule 17 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
- You must ensure that any shed erected in the separation space between the park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
- You must not plant trees or shrubs without the prior written permission of the park owner ( which will not be unreasonably withheld). Trees and shrubs must not be cut down, removed or damaged without the prior written permission of the park owner.
- Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Building materials or other plant must be left undisturbed.
- External fires, including incinerators and barbecues are not allowed.
- Pitch fees are payable monthly in advance and are collected on the 1st of the month by DDR.
- Payment of electricity, water and wastewater are due quarterly and are collected by DDR.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully not exceeding the speed limit of 5 miles per hour.
- You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
- You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
- No repair of cars is permitted on the park. Motor oils and other fuels of that nature must not be discharged into the drains or onto the road or Car Park.
- Disused/unroadworthy vehicles must be removed from the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
- You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
- Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
31.1. Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
31.2. Vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle.
- You must not park or allow parking of boats, touring caravans or motor homes on the park.
- You are responsible for disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
- You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
- All local authority approved containers must be kept off the front of the pitch and reasonably screened from public view except on the day of collection.
- You must not permit waste water to be discharged onto the ground.
- You must only use fire point hoses in case of fire.
- You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage.
- Oil, fats, rags, paper, personal hygiene products, nappies and wipes must not be disposed of via the sewage system.
- You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purposes, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purposes. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work or a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of public calling at the park home or the park.
- The owner and his/her employees and agents shall not be liable whatsoever for loss or theft of, or damage or loss to, or theft from any park home or other vehicle or property unless arising from their own negligence or other breach of duty.
- The owner shall not be liable whatsoever for the loss of any park home keys unless arising from their own negligence or other breach of duty.
- The occupier shall indemnify the owner and keep him indemnified from and against all actions, proceedings and any claims by third party in respect of all and any loss, damage or liability caused by, or arising out of neglect or default or wilful act, of the occupier or member of his/her household or guests or visitors.
- Musical instruments, stereos, radios, other appliances and motor vehicles or lawnmowers must not be used to cause nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10:30pm and 8:00am.
- It is forbidden to carry any offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence on the park, or to interfere with or disturb any flora or fauna on the park.
- No ball games are allowed on the park. Children must not ride bicycles, scooters or indeed any toy vehicle around the park road